About Me

Australia
A self confessed bookworm. I needed a place to debrief after reading, so here it is!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Looking for Alaska - John Green

If people were rain, then I was drizzle and she was a hurricane. 

Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words and tired of his safe life at home. He leaves for boarding school to seek what the dying poet Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps.

Looking for Alaska brilliantly chronicles the indelible impact one life can have on another. A stunning debut, it marks John Green's arrival as an important new voice in contemporary fiction.

I really enjoyed reading this book, but can't help but think that at the end if it all I missed an important point the Author was trying to make subliminally. 

It started off as a normal story full of teen angst and usual school rebellion drama, but when one of the main characters dies, her friends try to solve the  mystery of whether it was a suicide or accident. It followed how they tried to solve this mystery and went at a good pace, but with the last 2 pages to go, like I said above, I feel like I missed something.

Overall I enjoyed John Green's writing style and would read more of his work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment