About Me

Australia
A self confessed bookworm. I needed a place to debrief after reading, so here it is!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jesse's Girl - Gary Morgenstein

How much should a parent sacrifice for a troubled child? In Gary Morgenstein’s taut new thriller, Jesse’s Girl, the answer is – anything. Anchored around a floundering father-son relationship, finding roots and re-uniting vanished bonds, the timely novel about teen addiction and adoption follows a desperate father’s search for his son, who has run away from a wilderness program to find his biological sister in Kentucky.

I had kind of low expectations for this book - I picked it up on sale from Amazon.com for $4.00 and it wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't say I loved it, for no particular reason.

The story wasn't that predictable and there were a few twists and turns I didn't see coming, and the characters were well described and lively.

It was a bargain book that was good and I would recommend as a good holiday easy read, but I probably wouldn't read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment