About Me

Australia
A self confessed bookworm. I needed a place to debrief after reading, so here it is!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bared to You (Crossfire #1) by Sylvia Day

“He was the kind of guy that made a woman want to rip his shirt open and watch the buttons scatter along with her inhibitions.” 

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness…
He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Yes this book is very similar to Fifty Shades of Grey, really it's just without the BDSM.
At least in this series the main heroine isn't as frustrating and annoying as Anastasia. Eva has a bit of backbone and isn't afraid to speak her mind, and while both Eva and Gideon have their messed up issues, they are at least a bit more reserved and mature about it, making it easier to read.

I really liked the banter between Eva and her best friend Cary, which was humorous and realistic.

I will definitely be reading the next instalment of the Crossfire series, but might have a break in between books and read something with a bit more of a substantial plot to keep me sane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment