About Me

Australia
A self confessed bookworm. I needed a place to debrief after reading, so here it is!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Reflected in You (Crossfire #2) by Sylvia Day

“People get over love. They can live without it, they can move on. Love can be lost and found again. But that won't happen for me. I won't survive you, Eva.” 

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.


My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. 

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

The biggest thing about these style of books, is that they have an addictive story. It leaves you on the edge of your seat wanting some resolution as to how it will all end. 

It wasn't as messed up as Fifty Shades (and with a much better writing style), but it was a little unnerving  as to how unbalanced both Eva and Gideon were...On-again off-again, fighting and then making up, before fighting again. 
Why do the men in these kind of books have to be broken and damaged to love women that way? Is it because it makes for a better storyline? I'd like to read a book of this genre without that element to it, to see how much it really adds (or not) and make up my own mind.

Overall it was a good book - an escape from the everyday hassles to explore through someone else's (highly imaginative) life, and exactly what you would expect from something like this. I've already bought the last instalment...

No comments:

Post a Comment