About Me

Australia
A self confessed bookworm. I needed a place to debrief after reading, so here it is!

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver

“One of the strangest things about life is that it will chug on, blind and oblivious, even as your private world - your little carved-out sphere - is twisting and morphing, even breaking apart. One day you have parents; the next day you're an orphan. One day you have a place and a path. The next day you're lost in the wilderness.
And still the sun rises and clouds mass and drift and people shop for groceries and toilets flush and blinds go up and down. That's when you realize that most of it - life, the relentless mechanism of existing - isn't about you. It doesn't include you at all. It will thrust onward even after you've jumped the edge. Even after you're dead.” 


Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't. 

I loved this story, and was so addicted! It was easy to read and I didn't have to use too much brain power to follow what was happening, but it definitely didn't put me to sleep either. 

I have a feeling that i'll be thinking about it for a while wondering what happens in the second instalment, but I just don't feel committed enough to read it just yet (and I don't read much of this genre generally).

No comments:

Post a Comment