About Me

Australia
A self confessed bookworm. I needed a place to debrief after reading, so here it is!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Collectibles - James Kaufman

In his award winning debut novel, James J. Kaufman delivers a gripping and unforgettable story of two strong men from separate worlds - one touched by tragedy, the other by greed - brought together with unexpected results. In chronicling how their lives and those they touch are dramatically changed by their encounter, Kaufman reveals the power of relationships, the nature of love, and ultimately the meaning of life. The Collectibles has won the 2011 Nautilus Silver Award for Best First Book (Fiction) and was given the 2011 Nautilus Small Press Honor. It has also won the Silver Bill Fisher Award for Best First Book in the 2011 Benjamin Franklin Awards competition.

This book was only 99c for the Kindle version, and had over 180 reviews giving it a total of 4.5 stars, so I was excited to read it.

I was left disappointed. I honestly don't know how so many people rated it so highly.

I found the story empty with a lot of pointless detail that didn't flow smoothly.
I kept waiting for something exciting to happen, or some major twist but it never showed up.

The only positive thing I can say about this book is that the story had a good moral to it - that you should always be helpful to others around you.

I definitely don't recommend reading this book unless you have absolutely nothing else at your disposal to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment